Sat 26 Feb 2011
Interesting list I found somewhere on line. I’ve done a few of the things on the list.
1. Started your own blog-I started my blog long before there were even blogs out there. It was a website to begin with.
2. Slept under the stars-on a houseboat on Lake Powell
3. Played in a band.-rather hard since I only play the piano badly but my son has a band.
4. Visited Hawaii-several times. I love it but it has become too crowded.
5. Watched a meteor shower-every summer I go outside to watch one.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland-I went to Disneyland in CA when it first opened.
8. Climbed a mountain-many times, but not something like Mt. Everest.
9. Held a praying mantis-yes, but I was a little girl.
10. Sang a solo-I have, even though I do not have a solo voice.
11. Bungee jumped-are you kidding?
12. Visited Paris-you might say that. I visited Paris years before I lived here.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea-from the beach
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch-tried to learn water color painting but failed.
15. Adopted a child-my daughter, Brooke
16. Had food poisoning-just this week. Hasn’t everyone?
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty-hard climb but did it.
18. Grown your own vegetables-yes. Nothing better than a home grown tomato.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France-many times
20. Slept on an overnight train-yes on a trip down into Mexico.
21. Had a pillow fight-with my sister
22. Hitch hiked-once, ran out of gas. Picked up by a nice family. Sounds like a good beginning to a horror movie.
23. Taken a sick day when youre not ill-sadly, yes.
24. Built a snow fort-yes
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon-watched my husband do several.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice-yes. It’s very expensive.
29. Seen a total eclipse-just a partial eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset-hasn’t everyone?
31. Hit a home run-in a very minor, in the school yard sort of way.
32. Been on a cruise-yes.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person-yes, a wonderful experience.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors-I visited the Pennington Castle in England and went to the small town in Kentucky where many of my relatives came from.
35. Seen an Amish community-yes, very interesting.
36. Taught yourself a new language-ha
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-I don’t think you need enough money to be satisfied. It’s how you look and life and live it. I am truly satisfied in my life right now but we don’t really have enough money whatever that means.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person-yes, and climbed it too.
39. Gone rock climbing-yes.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David-yes, absolutely fabulous.
41. Sung karoke-yes, badly.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt-yes, as a child.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant .
44. Visited Africa-yes.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight-of course. Best time in many ways.
46. Been transported in an ambulance-no, thank God.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing-yes. Boring and hot and I got sea sick.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person-yes. Fabulous.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris-yes
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling-yes. Snorkeling is safer and easier.
52. Kissed in the rain-I think so.
53. Played in the mud-as a child
54. Gone to a drive-in theater-sure. My Dad even owned one once.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China-yes. Hard to believe they built that.
57. Started a business-yes.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia-yes. A sad place way back then.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies
62. Gone whale watching-yes and saw some too.
63. Got flowers for no reason-just because I love to see them in my home.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma-yes.
65. Gone sky diving-no and never will.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp-no but visited the home of Anne Frank.
67. Bounced a check-yes.
68. Flown in a helicopter-yes
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial-yes. Love it.
71. Eaten Caviar-yes. Too fishy tasting for me.
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square-yes
74. Toured the Everglades-yes
75. Been fired from a job-yes
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London-yes
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person-yes. I lived in Arizona for many years.
80. Published a book-yes
81. Visited the Vatican-yes, the same time as the Sistine Chapel.
82. Bought a brand new car-yes.
83. Walked in Jerusalem-yes
84. Had your picture in the newspaper-yes
85. Read the entire Bible-yes, I actually did this in my early religious days when I was in junior high.
86. Visited the White House-yes
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someones life-helped some doctors do it as I’m a nurse.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous-several times. Peter Mayle was my latest, until I ran into Paul McCartney in Paris.
92. Joined a book club-many
93. Lost a loved one-yes, my aunt.
94. Had a baby-two sons
95. Seen the Alamo in person-yes as I am a Texan.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake-never made it to Utah even though I’ve lived in the Southwest for years.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit-unfortunately, yes.
98. Owned a cell phone-doesn’t everyone?
99. Been stung by a bee-yes, and a wasp too.
100. Read an entire book in one day-many times. I’m a book lover.